Re: [Asrg] Re: "worm spam" and SPF

2004-12-03 13:18:45
Fine, but if the goal is to force them into a smaller and smaller corner, then the fine-grained permissions list idea that I propose, combined with a good content filter, together does a LOT more to constrain them (and in a space that's MUCH harder to escape from) than SPF and the like do.

And in addition, it doesn't significantly harm legitimate users (the way SPF and other "authentication/reputation" schemes do), AND as a bonus, it virtually eliminates E-mail as an effective vector for the transmission of viruses and worms... thus accomplishing a MAJOR blow against zombie spambots, which create such an otherwise intractable problem in controlling spam.

Enlighten me with a link to your plan? You make it sound like FUSSP.

        Gadi.