Re: [Asrg] Spam, defined, and permissions

2004-12-24 21:40:20
First 100 emails out or in are free, beyond that, there's a fee.

So you're going to charge me more for _receiving_ spam?  I don't think
your ISP is going to succeed in the marketplace.

If its too expensive to spam, they'll stop. This, IMHO, is the only
way to stop them.  Follow a telco billing model and "exchange" mail
minutes.

The spammers won't buy your measured service, either.

Neither will anyone else.  Ten years ago there were lots of e-mail
services that charged by the message.  Now they're all dead.  This
is a big hint.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 330 5711
johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Mayor, http://johnlevine.com,