[Asrg] Survey of the State of the Art

2005-01-11 23:02:36
All,

I've spent a few minutes skimming your archives to understand the tenor and
topics of this list.  I've decided to join the list to research/refine an
idea I developed a couple of years ago.  Before bombarding you with it,
though, I'd like to research the state of the art in Anti-Spam techniques.
So far, I am aware of the following areas of progress:

    1) Automatic filters (e.g Bayesian)
    2) Permissions, including authentication exchanges
    3) Source identification (via infrastructure improvements)
    4) Secured access
    5) Zombie-elimination

and maybe a few others.

Without beginning a long discussion of other new areas or whether any of
these areas really represent progress, can anybody point me to a reasonably
up to date and comprehensive survey of proposed techniques?  Extracting such
a survey from these archives is too great a task!

Thanks,
Andy Huang