[Asrg] Re: draft-duan-smtp-receiver-driven-00.txt

2005-05-11 10:19:14
Kartik Gopalan wrote:

We'd like to solicit feedback from the SMTP community on
our recent IETF draft titled "Receiver-Driven Extensions to SMTP".

I haven't managed to read the actual draft yet, due to a webserver that's
currently not responding. Others have mentioned Dan Bernstein's IM2000 as
prior work in the field. I might also add my BSc(Hons) thesis (July 2002),
which probably overlaps significantly with your work.

http://www.comp.mq.edu.au/~brett/bschons/index.html

One of the techniques proposed in the thesis is a method for recipients to
take control of the delivery process, opting to pull the message at the
time of their choosing, rather than accepting it immediately during the
SMTP dialogue. Sound familiar?