Re: [Asrg] New type of spam?

2005-06-12 06:50:36

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, Reinhold Jordan wrote:

Hello,

I found more and more requests to my website with referers that
doesn't link to me. Porn and other useless things known from spam.

The requests come from servers like *.rogers.com, *.rr.com,
*.comcast.net already known from sending spam. Or new servers
like *.dial1.boston1.level3.net

I add a few lines of code to my website to forward such requests to
the referer. So there is less traffic for me and more for them.

But the way you describe the situation, the request must come from a
broken browser or robot. After all, if the other server doesn't link to
you, how would it get into the referrer field? Am I confused? What would
be the motive?

Did anyone notice such requests?

Regards, Reinhold