Re: [Asrg] A CAPTCHA that automatically detects and neutralizes attacks.

2005-06-13 12:33:23
I will say that I am surprised that so many on this list are
perseverating over the issue of erroneous challenges.

Perhaps that's because we have actual experience with the problem.  I
have a bazillion e-mail addresses, some of which are well known, and
some of which aren't, and I get lots of challenges to addresses that
aren't well known at all.

Since the vast majority of mail is spam, the vast majority of
challenges are responses to spam.  Please don't wave your hands and
say how wonderful spam filtering will make this problem go away.
Everyone has spam filtering now, and I'm still getting a hundred spam
challenges to random addresses for every real challenge.

I have to agree with Mouse here, we've pointed out a set of
significant problems based on a whole lot of experience running real
mail systems, any of which we believe dooms a C/R system.  So go prove
us wrong.  I look forward to the results of your experiments.

Regards,
http://www.taugh.com