[Asrg] New draft on trust-path-discovery

2005-07-14 12:09:33
Hi all,

Henning and I wrote up the I-D that proposes a mechanism to find friends
-of-friends and trusted domains, which could be used as a tool to make
white-list for filtering emails/calls.

We could not find any WG in the IETF that this draft belongs to, but we
believe this RG might be interested in this draft.

Any comments are welcome.

      Title           : Trust Path Discovery
      Author(s)       : K. Ono, H. Schulzrinne
      Filename        : draft-ono-trust-path-discovery-00.txt
      Pages           : 14
      Date            : 2005-7-12

  Chained or transitive trust can be used to determine whether incoming
  communication is likely to be desirable or not.  We can build a
  chained trust relationship by introducing friends to out friends, for
  example.  We propose mechanisms for discovering trust paths and
  binary responsive trustworthiness.  The trust paths are based on a
  chain of trust relationships between users, a user and a domain, and
  domains.  We apply this model to relatively low-value trust
  establishment, suitable for deciding whether to accept communication
  requests such as emails, calls, or instant messages from strangers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ono-trust-path-discovery-00.txt

Thanks,
Kumiko