RE: [Asrg] Trust relationships etc.

2005-07-22 13:08:49
Brian Azzopardi:>
we can consider DNSBLs as sources of reputation reports
If you consider a "table" a "chicken" you can claim a table lays eggs
but the benefits for doing this escape me...

DNSBLs are blacklists and usually have strict criteia for being
blacklisted. Trust is fudgy, it's not the black and white answer that a
DNSBL gives you.

You seem confused.
Reputation != Trust. Whereas black/[grey/]white lists are indeed usefully
considered as reputation 'services' (albeit binary - as a rule).

There's a pretty good overview article (with links / references) writen by
one Robert Haskins, here:
http://linux.sys-con.com/read/48128.htm