RE: [Asrg] Re: Body signature subgroup and the forwarding project

2005-08-05 02:21:33

We know that Exchange and some other MTAs smash messages beyond
recognition.

So your goal, if I understand you correctly, is to make something that
works only some of the time? Considering that SMBs are increasingly
moving to Exchange wouldn't that render the scheme even more ineffective
over time?

But some MTAs don't.

If even as widely used an MTA as sendmail has an issue (worked around by
simple canonicalization) I wonder how many interesting MUAs behind
interesting MTAs there are. Do you have any numbers?

Brian

This mail was checked for viruses by GFI MailSecurity.
GFI also develops anti-spam software (GFI MailEssentials), a fax server (GFI
FAXmaker), and network security and management software (GFI LANguard) -
www.gfi.com