Re: [Asrg] What is new about SAVE?

2005-08-08 07:30:32
 unfortunatley I didn't find the time to attend the IETF in
 Paris, not even to follow discussions in Jabber etc.

 But I read in a german computer magazine's newsticker that a
 'brandnew' proposal was made by german University of Karlsruhe
 (newsticker says it "circulated", whatever this means), which is
 called "SAVE" (Spam Protection by Using Sender Address Verification

1. I am reasonably certain that this was not presented at any IETF Paris
session. There was only one session that related to spam, and that was our
Mass/DKIM one and it certainly was not presented there.

2. I do not recall hearing any mention of this proposal during the week.  Any
discussions about it must have been well-hidden.

3. As folks on this list know, anti-spam gets proposals at a regular rate.
The mere existence of a proposal has ceased to be interesting.  Gaining
support is the interesting part.  At that part it becomes work public
discussion time, IMO.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker