Re: [Asrg] What is new about SAVE?

2005-09-03 11:50:21
At 7:57 PM +0200 9/3/05, Florian Weimer wrote:

(Dartmail is a legitimate bulk mailer, if such a thing exists at all.)

Then I guess no such thing exists, since they have a chronic multi-year habit of trying to spam my main address, multiple role accounts, and non-existent addresses here.

This point's at why SPF and similar sender authentication systems are not by themselves useful for addressing the issue of spam, and why leashing them to net-wide reputation systems can only be marginally useful. You believe that Dartmail is legitimate, probably because they run some list you are on and want to be on and they have never spammed you. I believe that they are hopeless spammers because they have sent me nothing but spam, have ignored complaints, and have at times had bogus 'opt out' URL's in their spams with non-resolving hostnames. You want their mail. I want them out of business. Who is right?

--
Bill Cole
bill(_at_)scconsult(_dot_)com