[Asrg] New draft of the DNSBL definition document

2005-10-27 23:30:30
I've been meaning to do this for months and finally got around to it.

This is intended to define the technical way that DNSBLs and DNSWLs work.

It doesn't address issues of DNSBL management because someone else (you
know who you are) is working on a BCP for them.

Please take a look at this one and let me know if you see anything I
should fix.  Once it settles down I'll send it in as an I-D and remind the
IRTF chair that we'd like to move this towards an Informational RFC, and
they promised to work on a path from the IRTF to RFC other than treating
them as being just sent in by the individual authors.  Maybe they can
think about it at the Vancouver meeting.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, Mayor
"A book is a sneeze." - E.B. White, on the writing of Charlotte's Web