[Asrg] Re: Challenge-Response and Spam Bounces

2005-11-02 04:12:51
doug campbell wrote:

A company with the moniker "spamarrest.com"

Enough said, an MLM scheme pretending to be 'anti'-spam.

I'm trying to make up my mind if I should spend a few
hours responding to the challenges

Yes, you need on average five attempts per challenge,
it's not only evil, above all it's broken.  But maybe
they improved it in 2005.  Don't forget to spamcop the
challenge after you have confirmed it...

There is an anti-spam boundary appliance called a
Barracuda

...that should go immediately to SpamCop.

they call this situation  "backscatter"

Unfortuately they don't call it "chapter eleven" :-(

An SPF FAIL policy worked for me.  Spammers are more
cooperative than these wannabe-"anti"-spammers.  Bye