[Asrg] Re: DNSBL draft posted

2005-12-01 09:48:21
In
<1133439874(_dot_)4277(_dot_)9(_dot_)camel(_at_)ps2687(_dot_)persistent(_dot_)co(_dot_)in>
 Aseem Jakhar <aseem_jakhar(_at_)persistent(_dot_)co(_dot_)in> writes:

But wouldn't it be better to have a DNS entry in the DNSBL server
which will tell what type of list it supports i.e IP based or domain
based.

Generally, you need to know a heck of a lot more about a given DNSBL
before you use it than just whether it is a DNSBL or a RHSBL.  I can't
imagine using a DNSBL without someone I really trust really
investigating it.

Maybe for this reason, I can't think of any DNSBL deploying such an
indicator.  And, since such indicators aren't being deployed, and
since this I-D appears to be intended as a BCP, I'm not
sure that it would be it would be appropriate try and invent such a
indicator.

-wayne