Re: [Asrg] RDynamic addresses

2006-01-27 07:40:08
Brasil Telecom is one such sample of a large provider (65% of the latin
american email traffic) who does not consistently assign static IPs and
commercial broadbands.
In theory their assignments are like
201-xxx-xxx-xxx.fnscexxx.dsl.brasiltelecom.net.br for residential broadband
and like 200-xxx-xxx-xxx.bsacexxx.e.brasiltelecom.net.br for commercial
broadband.
Unfortunately this is no longer true it seems and you'll find them just
mixed up. Even for real commercial broadband connections most of the times
the rDNS entries are screwed up - either because the owner does not
know/care or BrT messed it up.
To make matters worse, they sell their DSL service through partner ISPs
which sometimes manage the rDNS entries. Go figure.

We even see frequently smaller companies which use residential DSL to run
their own outbound mailserver and of course permanently get blocked.

cheers
Andreas Saurwein