[Asrg] Re: More e-mail oddities; SPF thoughts

2006-02-06 06:00:43
Jon Kyme wrote:

anyway, why do we care about sender policy?

You don't need to if you can get rid of forgeries by
other means, any value of "get rid of" excl. bunces and
other backscatter to innocent bystanders.

Shouldn't we be concerned with recipient policy?

That's what SPF offers, after the FAILs and some ERRORs
the remaining mails are either "same procedure as 2001"
(SPF NEUTRAL / NONE) or "same procedure as 1989" (PASS).

If receivers achieve similar results without SPF it's
fine.  But if their only way is "stop all bounces" it
would be harmful.
                         Bye, Frank