ietf-asrg

[Asrg] Re: Wierd reverse DNS resolution might affect spam filters.

2006-06-25 11:19:28
On Sun, Jun 25, 2006, Douglas Campbell wrote:

I see it's there. Then why does the milter interface xxfi_connect()
provide the untrustworthy name? I would have expected it to provide just

Good question. Someone else already filed a bug report, so this
will probably be changed in 8.14.

The text "localhost" was provided to my milter by libmilter. So
libmilter is not providing me ${client_name} in xxfi_connect(), but
something else. The "something else" is obviously a successful rDNS

      ${client_ptr}
           The  result  of  the PTR lookup for the client IP
           address.    Note:   this   is   the    same    as
           ${client_name}  if  and only if ${client_resolve}
           is OK.