Re: [Asrg] BATV + SPF roadmap

2006-09-05 08:46:46

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, David Nicol wrote:

On 9/5/06, Frank Ellermann <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> wrote:
> SPF is too old by now to add features to

No, you can add "modifiers", stuff like batv=what.ever.syntax

Thanks. I remembered about that eventually.

To state what may be obvious,
the shortest path would seem to be for

(1) the BATV community to  agree on and test an SPF modifier
syntax&semantics and

(2) document it as frozen and available for use; possibly issuing
patches to the popular spf resolver modules.

Like it was mentioned, I would remind that BATV is a modification
of SES which came from SPF community. At some point I did propose
that BATV and SES people work together to create syntax for
extended MAIL FROM address (to include SRS), but there was no
interest (and there is no BATV community to speak of anyway).

SES is really a lot better then BATV as far as its integration with
SPF and otherwise its all the same. So what can be done is for SPF community to release protocol specification of SES as part of SPF
set of documents, perhaps then it would get more attention.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks