Re: [Asrg] Re: Receiver Initiated Authentication

2007-09-17 15:00:41
At 13:30 17-09-2007, Michael Kaplan wrote:
I argue that this is an excellent way to use bounces (even if a small number are misdirected). I'm not sure what "unreliable" refers to

More sites may block bounces or drop them in the bit bucket.

Section 5.2 outlines how surprisingly simple it is to distribute Auto-Resend to most of the population, and the last bullet point of section 11 details how unnecessary Auto-Resend is. A routine Windows Update patch would take care of most of the Outlooks out there.

That's assuming that the operating system is still supported and installs the updates. There are a lot of legacy systems out there. I won't ask who is going to pay for all this.

Regards,
-sm