Re: [Asrg] blacklists

2008-01-29 12:05:42
At 09:55 29-01-2008, James Muir wrote:
I wondered if anyone on the list has had experience in getting an IP address removed from a blacklist. I am having a very difficult time accomplishing this.

It's usually difficult to get off these blacklists.

Our department's server was blacklisted on Friday (our reputation is currently listed as "poor") and it is causing a few headaches for us:

http://www.barracudacentral.com/index.cgi?p=lookups&r=1&ip=140.184.76.9

It's a reputation system run by Barracuda Networks. You'll have to contact that about that listing.

e.g. we can't send email to other machines within the university because they reject messages using the blacklist :-) We think the reason we were blacklisted is because mailman was sending out reject messages in response to spam sent to one of our mailing lists.

You really have a problem if blacklists used within your university block your emails and you cannot fix that internally. :-)

Has anyone dealt with this before? Any suggestions on a way to resolve this more quickly?

Contact the company running that blacklist.

Regards,
-sm