Re: [Asrg] Round 2 of the DNSBL BCP

2008-04-01 13:44:53
On 1-Apr-08, at 3:39 PM, Chris Lewis wrote:
Matt Sergeant wrote:
And did you add something somewhere about how a Listing/Entry might
map to >1 "thing" in the list? e.g. a range/ASN/whatever?

Should I?  Or is John's document the right place for that?

I think the problem is we still do reference "IP address" in various
places, and so some clarification of terms is needed.

3.3.  DNSBLs SHOULD Provide Operational Flags

   Most DNSBLs follow a convention of entries for IPs in
   provide online indication of whether the DNSBL is
operational.  In
   other words, the result of a DNS lookup will be in the range of
   127.0.0.1 through 127.0.0.255.

I don't think this "in other words" fits. The first talks about
operational entries, the second talks of results. And the first talks
of a /8 and the latter the /24.

Yes, confusing.  Redrafting:

Most DNSBLs follow a convention of entries for IPs in
provide online indication of whether the DNSBL is operational.

Except either make that a /24 or fix the range to be the /8. :-)

Matt.