Re: [Asrg] Standards action recommended for draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl

2008-06-04 14:11:19

John Levine wrote:
Thanks for this input.  I've offered to sponsor this draft and I am
specifically looking for input like this.  Can you expand on why you
think it's better for the Internet for this to be on Standards Track,
as opposed to Informational?   Are you aware of implementations or
deployment experience?

Hi. If it would help, I can provide quite a long list both of people
publishing DNSBLs the way this draft describes and of mail software
that uses them.

Given how difficult it is to get public agreement for standards in this space,
may I suggest that an interesting number of those people should post a message
(relayed via John, if they aren't subscribed) to state that they have read the
document and it accurately captures their existing practice?

5 or 10 such people posting such a message should eliminate any concern about
the document's being an accurate reflection of existing practice, as well as
whether the draft has significant direct industry support.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking