Re: [Asrg] Identities, was Email Postage

2008-11-17 17:47:17
I think the method, for a registrar is if the number of your deletes is above
10% the number of your new/renewal then you have to pay a fee per delete. Dot
org implemented this method voluntarily after blessing from ICANN and then
ICANN board (june 2008) has tasked the staff to implement to other registries
as soon as contracts allow.

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Levine" <asrg(_at_)johnlevine(_dot_)com>
To: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Sent: Tuesday, 18 November, 2008 10:37:49 AM (GMT+1200) Auto-Detected
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Identities, was Email Postage

Basically, for simplicity's sake, virtually all registrars let you
cancel an order for a domain name in I think it's 5 days.

Not any more. Gotta pay attention, dude.

To my astonishment, the .org registry has already made refunds
financially unattractive and ICANN's in the process of fixing the rest
of them by making part of the fee non-refundable. The number of
refunds is already down something like 87% from what it was earlier
this year.

R's,
John