Re: [Asrg] About that e-postage draft [POSTAGE]

2009-04-19 15:12:48
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:09:21PM -0500, John Leslie wrote:
(Keep in mind that mass-email isn't all spam, and there are quite a few
mass-emailers that currently pay "vouching" services to improve their
delivery rates.)

Yes, they do, which reflects poorly on their performance and motivation.
Having run some reasonably large mass email operations, I've found that
if you do things scrupulously right, then delivery difficulties are
infrequent, transient, and easily remedied.  The only people who need
these services (or think they need services) are (a) incompetent (b) ignorant
or (c) spammers, or (d) some combination.

I often think of these "vouching" services as the online equivalent
of an "indulgences" market --  they certainly share many attributes.

---Rsk