Re: [Asrg] What are the IPs that sends mail for a domain?

2009-06-20 22:37:11
On 6/20/2009 17:33, Franck Martin wrote:
yes I'm not sure that blocking port 25 will ever be possible. I think less
and
less people want their mailbox tied up to an ISP, this is why they get a
mailbox on yahoo, google, etc... So these services requires you usualy to
connect via port 25 and authenticate, but that means for the ISP to let port
25 open. Blocking port 25 and letting port smtps/465 open to allow users to
still submit email is better, but just a temporaray measures until botnet use
smtps to submit.

Gmail supports secure authenticated message submission via port 587.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team