[Asrg] request for review for a non FUSSP proposal

2009-06-21 05:25:53
Dear Sirs,
I've developed a proposal for an extension to the SMTP protocol that
should provide to address owners the ability to express consent to
delivery of messages in their mailboxes. While it is not the Ultimate
Solution to the Spam Problem, and strictly speaking it is not even an
antispam solution, it could help reducing spam. I already discussed my
proposal with some researchers, which judged it positively, but which
didn't have a very specific competence.
I think that my proposal could be of some interest for the ASRG
community, and I'm looking for comments and advise.

The paper is in html and pdf at
http://www.telmon.org/consent/smtp-consent-1.1.html
and
http://www.telmon.org/consent/smtp-consent-1.1.pdf

The paper is quite long, as I tried to anticipate most of the
implementation and deployment issues, but the idea is quite simple and
not really new, since it is very similar to "ham passwords". If you just
want to see what it's all about, you could just read the "Introduction"
and "General overview of the framework" sections, and maybe the
"Deployment of the framework" section at the end of the document.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions you can provide me.

Sincerely,

- Claudio Telmon

--

Claudio Telmon