Re: [Asrg] request for review for a non FUSSP proposal

2009-06-23 09:39:59
Claudio Telmon <claudio(_at_)telmon(_dot_)org> wrote:

While what you say is true in general, I think you missed a critical
part of the consent framework I'm proposing. A consent-enabled
address will only accept messages from senders that received a valid
token for that address though some channel (usually, not
email). That is, each sender will only have tokens for
consent-enabled addresses he received a token for, which is
comparable to the number of addresses he has in his address book. If
the sender's system is compromised, the attacker/spammer will only
collect tokens for these addresses.

What benefit does that offer over using tagged addresses (with the tag
as the "consent token")?  I do that now, for commercial mailers; when
an address starts getting spammed, I turn it off.  Sometimes, I give
the company that got it a new address to use.

Seth