Re: [Asrg] What are the IPs that sends mail for a domain?

2009-07-05 09:56:56
Doug,

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 12:43:53PM -0700, Douglas Otis wrote:

When the EHLO host name references IP addresses that match the
Outbound MTA, this verifies there is a common administration between
the FQDN and DNS.

the DNS namespace is of very little help when it comes to conclusions about
"common administration".  See, for example, RFC 5507, section 4:

   DNS hierarchy neither follows nor implies administrative hierarchy.
   Because of that, it cannot be assumed that data attached to a node in
   the DNS tree is valid for the whole subtree. [...]

Since I'm sure you were already aware of this, I'm wondering in what way
I might have misread your statement.

-Peter