Re: [Asrg] [ASRG] SMTP pull anyone?

2009-08-26 23:49:17
Steve Atkins wrote:

I see this asserted a lot, but I don't really see much in the way of plausible arguments to back it up.

If anything, some blacklist techniques are likely to be easier and more effective on IPv6 than v4 for the obvious NAT / dynamic assignment reasons.

Frankly, I don't think anything that earth shattering will occur, even if ipv6 takes over completely.

Undoubtably some techniques will work better, some about the same, and some won't work worth squat - they'll either evolve to work better, fade into meaninglessness, or just outright die.

It's not as if it hasn't happened before. See much use of open relay DNSBLs anymore? Thought not.