Re: [Asrg] Spam Salt, an email sender authentication mechanism

2010-10-27 05:29:49
It doesn't matter.  The entire issue of end-user authentication is
dead, dead, dead thanks to 100+ million zombies with keystroke loggers.
It doesn't matter how clever the tech is, how slick the UI is, how
minimal the effort is.

(Incidentally, I note with interest the reported takedown yesterday of
the Bredolab botnet, whose size is reported as 30M.  If that's accurate,
that is, if a single botnet has hit the 30M mark, then it's past time
to make the working guesstimate of bots something like 200+ million.
Not really surprising: we're still on a march toward the point in time
where an end-user system, chosen anywhere in the world at random,
will have a 50-50 chance of really belonging to someone else.)

---rsk