Re: [Asrg] Please take a look at the blacklist BCP draft

2010-11-01 14:45:57
Chris Lewis wrote:
    But I really don't follow why documents like this must proscribe
business models.

It's not a business model that's being proscribed, it's conflict of
interest or the appearance of conflict of interest.  At least with the
notion of paying for delisting from a block/negative reputation list.

Part of a BCP is providing an ethical guideline.

I agree with that, just as I agree that DNS blacklists really shouldn't ask a
fee for (fast) delisting. I'm a bit hesitant though about saying they MUST NOT
do this, seeing as it makes a claim about all sorts of business models,
possibly including some that we may not have thought of, but that we will think
are quite okay. Hence I'd rather see a SHOULD NOT here.

Martijn.

Virus Bulletin Ltd, The Pentagon, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, England.
Company Reg No: 2388295. VAT Reg No: GB 532 5598 33.