Re: [Asrg] Collecting IP reputation data from many people

2010-11-05 03:07:56
On 04/Nov/10 20:49, Darxus(_at_)chaosreigns(_dot_)com wrote:
On 11/04, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
 On 02/Nov/10 21:39, Darxus(_at_)ChaosReigns(_dot_)com wrote:
 >  Now I'm thinking about providing non-spam percentages, and a number
 >  indicating relative total volume of email from the IP, probably both
 >  with a range of 256 values.  Basically all the precision I think anybody
 >  could find useful.

 The second format might allow some sort of projective conglomeration of
results.

What?

If I have reports from both A and B about S, I may want to add their results. I can extrapolate the real volumes Va and Vb that A and B got from S by scaling the relative volumes Ra and Rb by, say, the volumes I send to A and B, respectively. Call Ma and Mb these "projections" of A and B on My site, and Pa and Pb the percentages found in the report. Then I can reckon their sum as

(Pa*Va + Pb*Vb) / (Va + Vb) = (Pa*Ra*Ma + Pb*Rb*Mb) / (Ra*Ma + Rb*Mb)

One may want to season the projection factors with more ingredients, such as the trust granted to the relevant reporter.