Re: [Asrg] Implementing IPv6 DNSBLs

2010-11-28 00:20:57
Why not use the return code to specify the granularity?

I don't follow.  Example, please?

The return code is an ip6 address, so you have lots of bits to play
with.  It doesn't take very many to specify the netmask in binary
(that would even fit in an ip4 address with plenty of bits left over).

Hm, no.  The return value from an ip6 DNSBL is an A or TXT record, the
same as for ip4 DNSBLs.

But more important, I want the client to truncate the query name to
make the cache work better.  By the time the client's done the DNSBL
lookup, it's too late, so I have this special _granularity lookup it
can do once when it starts up.

R's,
John