Re: [Asrg] please review draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

2011-01-18 10:26:51

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, John Levine wrote:

New and I hope final revision of the DNSBL BCP.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists/

I'd like to publish this as an ASRG document sooner rather than later.
So please take a look at it and say:

a) I agree with what it says, OK for ASRG consensus.

b) I have minor reservations but don't object to publishing it, OK for
  ASRG partial consensus.

c) It's so wrong that you shouldn't publish it unless you change X to
  Y.  (Be sure to fill in X and Y.)

I believe the syntax for queries should be specified in this document. While the syntax for IP address queries is standardized in practice (and shown in examples in the text) I am not sure the syntax (especially translation of invalid characters) of URIs is fully standardized. I haven't used such services yet, so perhaps I am wrong about practice. Isn't this the opportunity to do so? Standardization of the query makes it simple for clients to switch among servers.

I should add that I am in agreement with policy advice in the document and wouldn't actually oppose it if asked.

Daniel Feenberg

R's,
John, ASRG chair