Re: [Asrg] [irsg] Comments on draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-09 (fwd)

2011-09-12 10:24:09
On 09/12/2011 09:08 AM, John R. Levine wrote:
These are the comments on the DNSBL BCP.  I think they are minor enough
that we can just ask the RFC editor to deal with them.

Didn't I already deal with these and upload the changes?

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for
Dummies",

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:32:47 +0200
From: Olivier Festor <Olivier(_dot_)Festor(_at_)inria(_dot_)fr>
To: Lars Eggert <lars(_dot_)eggert(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com>,
"<irsg(_at_)irtf(_dot_)org>" <irsg(_at_)irtf(_dot_)org>
Cc: Olivier Festor <Olivier(_dot_)Festor(_at_)loria(_dot_)fr>
Subject: [irsg] Comments on draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-09

Dear Lars

Please find below my comments following the review of
draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-09.

Overall the document is of good quality and contains useful information
for DNSBL operators as well as users. References are accurate.

I will also upload the comments on the tracking system as soon as I
found out how to do it ;-)

Best Regards

/Olivier Festor

Detailed comments :

 Introduction

 RHSBL :

 ->give a description of what RHS means like it was done for WL in the
DNSWL (WL = White List)

2.1.2 "Audit Trail SHOULD be maintained"

 -> to be consistent with the other subsections, use capitals on words

2.1.3 3rd paragraph

 "This has resulted in some labeling such practises by the ....."

-> Alternative 1: "This has resulted in some labeling of such practises
by the ....."

-> Alternative 2:  Alternative 1: "This has resulted in labeling such
practises by the ....."

2.2.2 3rd parapgrah

The term "DDoS" has not been defined before in the document

2.2.5 3rd paragraph

 "Colloqially, " it smells bad""

 While I personaly like the statement, I am wondering  if it fits in a
standard document.

3.3

  What is the  semantics of the  proposed "test" entry in DNSBLs. What
  should be  in  the associated A  record   ? Is  is recommended as  a
  replacement of the 127.0.0.0/8 test approaches or as a complement ?

3.5 "Listing of Special and Reserved IP Addresses MUST be disclosed"

 - to be consistent with the other subsections, use capitals on words

3.6.1 "MUST NOT scan without provocation"

 - to be consistent with the other subsections, use capitals on words