Re: [Asrg] Opt-Out ideas/suggestions?

2011-09-22 19:26:21
I'm wondering where I can find any information about discussed
opt-out ideas?

I don't recall any discussion of them in recent years.

If you mean opt-out marketing, adding people to lists and then telling
them they can ask it to stop, that's the legal standard in US law, but
nobody but spammers does that.  I've seen some hypothetical designs
that might be sort of OK if executed perfectly, but in reality anyone
who does opt-out does it sloppily and annoys vast numbers of unwilling
recipients.

If you mean opt-out as in how people get off mailing lists after
they've subscribed, although ESPs have all sorts of overcomplex
setups a la lashback, it really shouldn't be very complex unless
your processes are already badly screwed up in other ways.

R's,
John