Re: [Asrg] SPF's helo identity as a reporting target

2012-05-14 09:35:10
On Mon 14/May/2012 16:19:57 +0200 Chris Lewis wrote:
On 12-05-14 05:26 AM, Alessandro Vesely wrote:

There must be loads of national laws that the owner of that zone
openly breaks.  Isn't that too much risky from a legal POV,
considering its effectiveness is probably less than other kinds
of DDoS?

Who said anything about a deliberate DDOS?  Think of it as spam with
electronic countermeasures designed to confuse, confound and distract
the recipients and third parties.

Whatever the intent, I should get your permission before asserting
that your server serves me.  Shouldn't I?  Then, yes, I suppose some
judges still have difficulties understanding Internet protocols.

Just like they already do.

"national laws ... openly breaks".  You can say that with a straight
face considering that 80-90% of all spam already does?

I don't have specific experience, but it seems to me that when
spammers leave enough evidence behind them they can be taken to court.

   220 wmail.tana.it ESMTP

Big enough, the recipient site still loses before the 220.

You're right.  Rejecting is cheap, but still bears a cost.