Re: [Asrg] DNSBL caches and IPv6, again

2012-09-20 00:07:43
In article <505A6BFA(_dot_)5020504(_at_)mustelids(_dot_)ca> you write:
On 12-09-19 05:33 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
As I've mentioned a few time, I'm trying to figure out the cache
behavior of DNSBLs, so we can try and predict whether IPv6 BLs would
make the DNS melt down.

Didn't you already do this with data from my logs a year or more ago?

No, that was something else.

I don't have large production flow anymore but will IP:timestamp from a
trap do? I have several at the million-ish/day level ;-)

It's certainly better than nothing.  A real mail server would probably have
large chunks of traffic from big mail hosts that a trap doesn't, but I'll
take what I can get.

By the way, anyone else interested in modelling and simulation?  It's fun.

R's,
John