[Asrg] The end of the ASRG

2013-03-03 22:07:48
I've been talking to the head of the Internet Research Task Force, and have reluctantly agreed that since the ASRG hasn't doing anything for about a year, and doesn't seem likely to do anything in the future, it's time to shut it down. The IETF meets next week, and barring a surprise, we'll probably pull the plug then.

There's plenty of anti-spam research to do, and a fair amount being done, but it's not being done here.

The ASRG wiki is hosted on a machine I personally own, and I expect to leave it up indefinitely, in case anyone has further interest in using or (hint hint) updating and extending the taxonomy of anti-spam techniques.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",