[clear] [Fwd: Re: GoDaddy and the FTC Email Authentication Summit.]

2005-03-09 13:15:38
Matthew Elvey wrote:

FYI - GoDaddy now supports SPF and TXT but not CSV records - see
attached (which I'll repost if it doesn't come thru as is).

GoDaddy started supporting entry of TXT records at least six months ago.
I moved the DNS servers for several of my domains to GoDaddy just for
that reason. The initial version of the Total DNS Control package had
some bugs that implied that not much testing had been done; they've also
twice unilaterally edited (and broken) my SPF records, I think in an
honest attempt to correct problems I was reporting. The biggest problem
for naive users is their SPF wizard. It generates V2 records only, and
like every other wizard I've used it does a dubious job of guiding the
user to a correct record.

That said, overall I'm satisfied with the result and with GoDaddy's
support, and would recommend them to anyone who asks. They're making a
serious effort to support the community in this area, and I think they
are to be commended.

I haven't talked to them about CSV-CSA or CSV-DNA, but I certain will
over the next two weeks. Their answer regarding PTR records is
incorrect, since these are not rooted in in-addr.arpa.

<csg>