[ietf-dkim] Why we will never solve the problem completely

2005-08-11 14:34:06

We can and should make this thing as secure as is justified by the
return, but we cannot expect to block every possible means of attack.
These frauds are very old and existed before the Internet. What we want
to do here is to make the Internet as unattractive as possible as a
channel. But there will be a response...

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2005/08/11/fax-back_phishing_scam/

Fax-back phishing scam targets PayPal

Phishers have gone retro with a scam that tries to dupe victims into
faxing their banking details to fraudsters. Scam emails, (screengrab
<http://www.sophos.com/spaminfo/articles/phishfax.html> ) which pose as
messages from online payment outfit Paypal, urge users to fax back
account information instead of the more usual tactic of handing over
details to a bogus website.