Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM Threat Analysis v0.06

2005-08-13 09:49:25

On 11 Aug 2005, at 2:25 PM, william(at)elan.net wrote:

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, SM wrote:

Isn't a "Joe Job" messages that state false authorship in order to damage the reputation of a domain?

Please define "joe job" and explain why you think this can or can not be
considered subset of or equivalent to "email identity forgery".
Please also list what identit(y/ies) notion of "joe job" applies to, why it is limited to that and how that can or can not apply to what MASS and/or DKIM are working to secure.

I would like it if we not use the term "joe job" at all. I think it is cutesy jargon, and not a well-defined term.

We should use the words that describe in plain language what we mean.

        Jon