RE: [ietf-dkim] Is accountability binary?

2005-08-24 11:10:08
I think that the significant point here is 'special case'. That is
possible to do at the per user level but when you do it at the
enterprise level you have to be careful.

In these cases (alumni and IEEE) I believe that all of the mail sent is
forwarded at the request of the recipient, so it's appropriate to
whitelist it, spammy though it is.

I suppose this suggests that if an organization sends multiple classes of
mail, they might want to use differerent subdomains in the signature.  I
think this gets us about 90% of the benefit of type tagging with 1% of the
extra complication.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor