Re: [ietf-dkim] over-the-wire (in)compatibility between pre-IETF DKIM and (eventual) IETF DKIM

2005-10-15 14:49:35
Is it ok with folks to be required to replace essentially all of the current software, administration and user deployment?

No, UNLESS it's _really_ the Right Thing. I'm convinced that the new charter language presents a sufficient check on capricious change.

However Stephen's comment creates a much, much lower barrier, and is concerned only with stored data that are queried.

Yes and while this stored data is the most important thing to preserve it's not the only thing. Also, comments are comments :) What matters is the charter language which I personally think is about right.

--
Arvel