RE: [ietf-dkim] Re: SSP and Sender header field

2005-10-26 13:37:05
I'm confused here,

* If you're talking about lists with their own SSP.  But I don't
* see how that could help if a bad actor claims to be a list, and
* to send mail "from" ebay.  Somehow the SSP of ebay must be able
* to say "lie" no matter what the phisher-disguised-as-list does.

If a bad actor sends me a mail from a non DK compliant domain and he
tags the mail with a hash compiled to decode as being from eBay, the
sending IP would not match?

Hash tag decodes to eBay, ip lookup that the mail is sent from =
foo.org, I'm going to toss that mail.

Bill Oxley
Messaging Engineer
Cox Communications, Inc.