Re: [ietf-dkim] is this a problem or not?

2005-11-01 10:38:28

Arvel Hathcock wrote:
The domain owner is the entity that should be setting
policy for how the name can be used.

I agree with this completely. I own my domain and I'll decide how it will be used (imagine that, wow, what a concept).

I think that's entirely reasonable. However, maybe the hard cases
start to pop up when there's >1 dkim-signing domain involved, as in
the original scenario for this thread, and where the domain owners'
policies are in conflict.

But, I think this thread's been useful (at least to me) since its
shown us some of the areas where we might have to do work to get
consensus on a standards-track ssp.

Stephen.