[ietf-dkim] DKIM charter

2005-11-11 11:12:25
As you've seen from Stephen's post about the saag notes, we have
agreement from Russ Housley that we're ready to go into the
working-group charter process, in which the IESG and other groups will
review the proposed charter and decide whether to charter a working
group with it.  I'm attaching the current charter for final review,
with two further comments:

1. If Keith chooses to send text, as he said he'd consider in the BOF,
we'll review it and see what the community thinks of updating the
charter with it.

2. Apart from that, since we've seen clear consensus (yes, I realize
it's not anonymity, but it's very strong consensus) both on the mailing
list and in the BOF, the bar is set quite high on accepting changes to
it.

The changes since the BOF, apart from typo-corrections (thanks,
Hector), are a paragraph about mailing lists that Russ wanted in there,
and a change to the description of the overview document, to add
"implementation and micration considerations", as suggested by Hector
and tweaked by me.

Absent well supported consensus to change anything, this is the final
charter that I'll send to Russ late next week.

And please see my next post, about focusing the mailing list discussion.

Barry

--
Barry Leiba, Pervasive Computing Technology
(leiba(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com)