RE: [ietf-dkim] Proposal for specifying syntax and semantics for multiple signatures

2006-03-31 11:53:10
The only interesting think dkim does is ensure that the message the
receiver see's actually was sent by the purported publisher of that
internet bitstream. Who has seen it before offers nothing of interest.
thanks

Bill Oxley
Messaging Engineer
Cox Communications, Inc.
Alpharetta GA
404-847-6397
bill(_dot_)oxley(_at_)cox(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Dave Crocker
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 1:32 PM
To: Barry Leiba
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal for specifying syntax and semantics
formultiple signatures

Barry Leiba wrote:
Well, the issue is that if, say with the above example, signer #3
signs
the other three signature headers, and then the next hop re-orders
them,
the verifier can still figure out which records signed which others.

So what?

There are many "interesting" things that we might build into a protocol.

The question is what compelling need is served by the feature?

Each feature makes the protocol more complex and therefore raises the
adoption
barrier.

So we should feel obligated to explain why a feature offers long-term,
strategic
benefits.

d/
--