Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-base-02 submitted

2006-05-23 11:15:10
Hector,

I thought about doing something like that but decided that to do so would be inappropriate since these are informative, not normative. Note the text in paragraph of section 6: ``Note that an implementation is not constrained to use these status codes; these are for explanatory purposes only, and an implementation may define fewer or more status codes.'' In particular, they are not "protocol elements" (the topic of section 3), so if I were to collect them together, it would be in an appendix.

DKIMers: Any other thoughts on this?

eric