[ietf-dkim] base-02: Verifier result codes

2006-05-31 13:38:18
A new "feature" in base-02 is the introduction, in section 6, of
DKIM_STAT_* result codes.

One of the important aspects of DKIM, in my opinion, is the clarity of
the result:  Either a signature is valid, or it's not.  While not the
intent of the result codes, I think they will cause some readers to
conclude that (for example) a DKIM_STAT_SYNTAX should be handled
differently from a DKIM_STAT_NOKEY.

I think the current discussion delves too far into the implementation of
the verifier in its description, and would prefer to return to the
earlier description in this respect.

-Jim